Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hanging In There

Well, since I wrote last I have run about 50.5 miles and have been
feeling good. The weather has been variable, by that I mean it has
been as low as the 30's and as high as 70 degrees. I don't plan on
running tomorrow because we are forecast a winter storm, freezing
rain and sleet. If the forecast turns out to be wrong, I'll
reconsider and may run.

I have been using a Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS while running and it is
very accurate. I will be getting a Garmin Forerunner 305, it has a
built in Heart rate monitor. I like using heart rate training, that
way I am never burned out, because I stay in my aerobic zone and
don't overtrain.

One thing that I really like about the Garmin Forerunner is that it
works in the woods, the tree foliage does not interfere with the GPS
accuracy like other GPS's that I have used.

I am in the 5th week of Hal Higdon's Intermediate 1/2 marathon plan
and am just chugging along. I haven't done long runs in so long that
it is hard to get motivated to run one, but I have been hanging in
there and just doing it. I am up to 8 miles this week for the long
run, I have it scheduled for Friday.

No comments: