Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Up and Down Stone Mountain

I was in the mood to do something different today, so I decided to run up Stone Mountain and then back down. When I was younger (much younger) I was able to run to the summit in about 12 minutes. Not today!
 
 http://connect.garmin.com/activity/498913548#.U3KMW-th4Yw.link

I ran up on the service road today, it is much smoother and is crushed rock, but much steeper in places. The walk up trail basically goes up on solid rock and boulders.

 The run is about 1.3 miles from the start of the walk up trail to the summit. Of course today I only ran up .8 mile before I turned around and headed down. I did this for two reasons: 1) I hadn’t run up in along time, and 2) It was hot. Not extremely hot, but hot enough (82ยบ).

 I huffed and puffed on the way up and cruised on the way down. I had a good run, but I noticed when I finished that my quads were sore. I guess that I need to do this run more often.

 Just Keep Moving!

No comments: