Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Post #8


1ST RACE OF 2006


Well, I ran my 1st race of the year on Jan. 1, 2006. 

Since I am doing the Disney 1/2 Marathon on Jan. 7th, I thought I would try my 1/2 marathon race strategy. I had decided that I should use a 3/1 pattern for the race, but I wanted to average 9:02 a mile if possible. 

I decided to run the Atlanta Track Club Resolution Run 5 mile race at Stone Mountain Park. I ran/walked in the 3/1 pattern I mentioned above and averaged 9:01 for the race. Now the question is if I can hold that pace for 13.1 miles.

I may change to a 4/1 pattern for the race and if I start to get tired I will switch back to the 3/1 pattern.

Needless to say I felt very good about the 5 miler. It was difficult to stay on the pattern only because I wanted to run faster, but held myself back to get a true 3/1 time.

Leaving for Disney on Thursday Morning.

No comments: