Thursday, July 16, 2009

Strange Heart Happenings

This is the second day in a row that my heart rate has jumped up into the 180's during a workout and would not come back down. Starting to worry me some. I have never had this problem before, the first time it happened was during Peachtree this year and then yesterday and today.

I mentioned this during my last podcast (losttrailrunner Episode 27), during my recap of Peachtree.

Yesterday I was riding my bike and on an uphill section my heart rate jumped up and stayed up, so I cut the workout short and came home slowly.

Today as I was riding my windload trainer, my heart rate jumped up after 20 minutes of riding and would not come down. I cut the workout short and am trying to figure out what is wrong.

Maybe to much coffee, but I only had a couple of cups today and the same yesterday.

I guess I will call the doctor for an appointment just to be on the safe side.

No comments: