Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year, Renewed Blog

I haven't written in this Blog for quite some time. Maybe what I
should do is start over with the goal of writing at least once a week.

I originally was trying to write every day, but that just ends up
being to much. As you can see the last time I made an entry was in
September.

So, since this is the start of a new year, I will start over.

Yesterday being January 1st, I ran the Atlanta Track Club Resolution
Run. It was moved from Stone Mountain to Marietta this year, and the
course was changed back to 5K and 10K distances.

As usual I started the year with a small nagging pain in my right
hamstring, but I went to the race anyway.

I thought I would start out slowly, and increase speed as I got into
the race. As it turns out the 1st mile was my fastest mile. I guess
as I got more comfortable during the race, I eased off a little. I
ended up 3rd in my age group and got 60 Grand Prix points for my effort.

My hamstring was a little tight but never really bothered me during
the race, maybe that signals that my hamstring has recovered. I guess
I should start stretching more than I have so I can keep some of
these little aches and pains at bay.

I have signed up for the ING GA Half Marathon that is in March, so I
have to start a training plan now. I guess I will go with my Galloway
Program in PC Coach. If you are wondering what PC Coach is, check the
sidebar of my Blog and click the link to PC Coach.

I guess I will go for now and start planning for the Half, see you
next week.

No comments: