Saturday, October 27, 2007

Races This Weekend

As you know I started 1/2 Marathon training this month for the Disney
Half. I have done pretty good on the running part of the training
schedule, but haven't been doing to good on the Cross-Training days.
This coming week I am going to make a special effort to get all of the
cross-training sessions completed as planned.

I ran a 5K race this morning, the "Run for the River 5K" in Buford,
GA. Had a good race, I ran slower than I wanted, but I still won my
age group. I completed the 5K in 27:14, two minutes slower than last
year. It was a new course so I will use that for the reason I was
slower, and not use the excuse that I was a year older. Hey! I won my
age group, that is what counts.

I am also running an Atlanta Track Club Cross Country 5K tomorrow, so
it will be a 2 race weekend. It is kind of like running a 10K race in
2 pieces, half one day and the other half the next day.

ORN: 5K, 27:14, 1st place age group 65-69.

No comments: