Saturday, March 06, 2010

Good Training Week

This week has been a good training week. I managed to get in 34.1 miles, that is very good, haven't done that for a very long time. If I can keep it up and not break down maybe I will start to get faster in races. Certainly hope so, been slow for a long time now. The ING 1/2 Marathon is in about 2 weeks so we will see if my training has helped.

I would say that I have been slowing down for the last 6 years, of course I know age has something to do with it, but if I would have been training like I should have I wouldn't have slowed down as much. The 10K training plan I have been using seems to be helping me get some speed back.

On a funny note, I received the Atlanta Track Club "Wingfoot" magazine today and checked the results for the Peachtree City 10K that I ran in January.  Looks like the Track Club sorted the race results by participants last name instead of finish place. Takes the pressure off of having to run fast. So, I hope the winner of Peachtree this year has a last name that starts with "A" or he may not be credited with winning the race.

Just Keep Moving!

No comments: