Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Echocardiogram

The cardiologist called me with the results of my echocardiogram today. Good and bad, heart is functioning normally but both chambers on the right side are enlarged and there is a possibility that there is a hole in my heart. I have another test scheduled this Thursday morning called a bubble test. This is a more advanced version of an echocardiogram. They inject some kind of fluid into my veins and watch it go through the right chambers of my heart. If there is a bubbling effect as the fluid goes through it means there is a hole.

They are also going to put a monitor on me so when I exercise, if my heart rate goes up high I can transmit the event to them in real time via a cell phone type of connection.

I plan on running 3.0 miles tomorrow, let me modify that I will run 1 min/walk 1 min for 3.0 miles tomorrow.

All fun and games for me.

Just Keep Moving.

No comments: