Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Not so much of a Rest Day

I went out to Stone Mountain yesterday morning to do a little trail run. Being my rest day, I figured I could just do an easy run/walk. I had just received my new Gymboss interval timer and I wanted to try it out on my short run. Great little device. I had a good easy run on the trail over to Indian Island and back. I averaged between 13 and 14 minutes per mile, but remember this was a rest day. Got in 3.5 easy miles.

I had talked to Joe (@frothyfroth) earlier in the morning and he said he was planning on running about 1:30 p.m. I had told him that it was a rest day for me, but I may run a little with him. Well, to make a long story short, I met Joe at 1:30 p.m. and ended up running 6.5 miles with him. We did run slow, but I ended up with 10 miles on my rest day.

Just Keep Moving!

No comments: