Thursday, October 30, 2008

Brief Reflection


Since my birthday is the 31st I have been reflecting on my years of running. I originally started in 1972 when Frank Shorter won gold in the Munich Games.

I wasn't a consistent runner until 1974. That was when I read Bill Bowerman's book, "Jogging" and started using it to give me a true training plan to go by. I also read Kenneth Cooper's "Aerobics" and started counting aerobic points. As a matter of fact I still count aerobic points to this day. That is over 34 years of counting.

I would say that those two books are the ones that got me motivated to stick with running in 1974.

I ran my first race soon after, it was a 10K in Lakeland, FL and my time was 45:21. I have run many races since then and have a PR for 10K of 39:01, but I always look back at that 1st race as my benchmark.

-- Post From My iPod

No comments: