Saturday, October 04, 2008

Today's Race

Woke up this morning anticipating a good run on the trail at the XTERRA GA Fall Fitness 5K Trail Run.

I wasn't disappointed, the weather was great and the race was well organized.

We started in the parking lot so the field would be spread out by the time we hit the trail.

The trail was mostly hard packed clay and crushed rock and was wider than single track so there was no problem passing or being passed. There were some uphills that I had to do some walking on, but it seemed like most everyone did also.

My daughter Laura also ran the race. It was her first trail race and she was not quite sure if she liked trail races or not. I think she did, because she asked when the next one was taking place.

I finished in a slow 29:23, but managed 2nd in my age group, so I didn't feel to bad about the time.

No comments: