Sunday, November 01, 2009

ING Again


Went to the Track Club 5 mile race and promptly pulled my right calf in the first mile. I hurt bad enough to dropout in order to not really injure it worse. Real help to my running funk.

I decided in order to make some progress on getting out of my running funk I was going to have to give myself a goal. After I pulled my calf muscle running, that pretty much topped off my frustration, so I came home and went on-line and registered for the ING Atlanta 1/2 Marathon.  Now I have a goal, so I have to determine what training program I am going to use to get in shape to have a respectable 1/2 marathon next March. I have many options to choose from, but I am leaning toward a hybrid of the Galloway and the Furman First training plans. The first thing though is to recover from the pulled calf.

Just Keep Moving!

No comments: